Silverfish Control Melbourne
Why bother worrying about Silverfish?
- Silverfish are common in Melbourne homes and belong to the genus Ctenolepisma
- Mostly nocturnal (active at night) prefering quiet seldom disturbed areas
- Feeding and attacking clothing, paper, wall paper, books and other fabrics textiles
- Nibble holes in your favourite wool suit or jacket!
- Love starchy materials like book bindings, paper storage, archives
- Common in wardrobes, bathrooms and book shelves
- Why baths and sinks? They fall in and can not get climb out on the slippery surface!
- Silverfish live for a very long time, upto 3 yrs, so cause much damge over time
- Ability to hide and live in very small cracks crevices in a house
- Silverfish often enter your home via roof spaces and wall cavities
- Silverfish love damp humid environments - keep areas well ventilated.
- All their moisture requirements come from the food they eat
- Effective cleaning vacuuming carpet edges by owner prior to Exopest treatment.
- Move items away from skirtings carpet edges, out from BIR's or wardrobes before treatment by Exopest
- Residual spraying with synthetic pyrethroid to carpet edges and wall surfaces especailly in wardrobes, bedrooms etc.
- Dusting to roof voids roof cavites
- Internal gassing "Pestigas" pyrethrum base to all target rooms & vacate 2 hrs
- Good house keeping clealiness important in Silverfish control